Saturday, April 14, 2012

Farmers' Market Finds: April 14

Since I just started blogging, and since farmers' market season recently started, I thought an easy first post might be to show off my farmers' market finds from this morning.  This was our first visit to the farmers' market so far this spring, but we do plan on going every weekend all spring and summer.  We usually go to the Kansas Grown Farmers' Market at the Sedgwick County Ext. Center.  Here is the link to their website if you are interested:  http://www.kansasgrownfarmersmarket.com/  We also plan on checking out the Old Town Farmers' Market this year.  Anyway, we were a little pressed for time this morning as we arrived a little late and felt the need to hurry with the serious weather coming our way, but I am happy with what we got.  Shown is organic romaine lettuce, homemade mild garden salsa, and locally baked whole wheat bread.  Not shown is the granola bar that my girls practically inhaled right after we got home.  So far everything is delicious, and I only spent about $13 on the four items.  The salsa was a little pricier than what I would normally buy at a grocery store, but they were giving out samples, and we thought this salsa was well worth it.  Better than any store-bought salsa I've had, and I am not feeling ambitious enough to make my own salsa (yet).  I will continue to post the goodies we find on our Saturday morning trips to the farmers' market.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment